Mango Sweet Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/thai-sweet-sticky-rice-with-mango-khao-neeo
|Mango Sweet Rice Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 1 cup Basmati Rice (rinsed and soaked for ½ hr)
- 5 cups Milk
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 tbsp Cashews (fried, chopped)
- ½ cup Coconut Cream
- 1 cup ripe Mango Pulp (ground finely)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
How to make Mango Sweet Rice:
- Cook rice in a medium-sized pot with 3½ cups of milk, until very tender, stirring frequently.
- Add mango pulp and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Simmer for 30-40 seconds. Pour in the remaining milk and coconut cream.
- Stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir until the mixture cools and sugar has melted completely.
- Transfer into serving bowls and chill.
- Sprinkle cashews and serve.