Marwari Gatta Kadhi Recipe
|Marwari Gatta Kadhi Recipe|
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Fat or Ghee
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- Oil (for deep frying)
- A pinch of Baking Powder
- 2 cups Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cups Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)
- 4 Curry Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 cups Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Green Chilies (chopped)
How to make Marwari Gatta Kadhi:
- Mix besan, keeping two tablespoons aside for kadhi, with baking powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder and salt.
- Add water little at a time to form hard dough.
- Knead the dough well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions, roll them out in cylindrical shape and boil them in salted water until cooked.
- Remove the pieces and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Deep-fry the pieces in medium hot oil until they achieve a light brown color.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoon besan with yoghurt thoroughly.
- Place a large cooking pan on heat and add ghee.
- Add in the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves and stir for a while.
- Add in the besan and yoghurt mixture, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and fry on low heat for a few minutes. Stir continuously.
- Mix in water and fry until the mixture forms a medium thick consistency.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Add in the fried pieces and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.