Masala Idli Recipe
|Masala Idli Recipe|
|Preparation Time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 Minutes|
|Calories Per Serving||200|
- 1 tbsp Bengal Gram Dal (Chana Dal)
- 250 gms Black Gram Dal (Urad Dal)
- 250 gms Boiled Rice
- 1 Onion
- 5 Green Chilies
- 5 pinches of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Masala Idli:
- Heat the pan with oil and add mustard seeds. When they start spluttering add chana dal, hing and turmeric powder.
- Add pieces of onion when the above mixture turns brown.
- Now add salt and mix it well.
- Add garam masala the mixture at this point.
- Turn the heat off and keep the masala aside.
- Make idli batter by grinding urad dal and boiled rice.
- Mix the masala mixture to the idli batter well so that the mixture is distributed evenly throughout.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves to the Idlis.
- Check for salt.
- Now coat the idli moulds with oil, pour the batter into the Idli moulds and steam cook.
- Serve hot.
Suggestions:Serve hot with chutney, sambhar or molagapodi.