Masala Mirchi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.spicytasty.com/veggie-entrees-sides/mirchi-masala-spicy-chili-curry/
|Masala Mirchi Recipe|
||7.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 100 g fresh Green Chilies (sliced into two halves)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (broken/ powdered)
- ½ tsp Aniseeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Mango Powder/ Amchur OR ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- A pinch of Asafetida/ Hing
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Masala Mirchi:
- Place a saucepan on heat and heat mustard oil.
- Add asafetida, cumin seeds and aniseeds. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add mustard seeds and stir for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Add green chilies and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add salt and cover the pan. Allow the chilies to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add amchur powder or lemon juice. Stir for another 1 minute.
- These fried chilies keep up well for a week when stored in an airtight container.