Mediterranean Sandwich Recipe
Photo Credit: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/10/03/paneras-mediterranean-veggie-sandwich-recipe-5-tips-for-building-a-better-sandwich/
|Mediterranean Sandwich Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Eggplant (sliced into strips)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Focaccia Bread
How to make Mediterranean Sandwich:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Brush the eggplant and red bell peppers with olive oil.
- Place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Bell peppers will take some more time. Bake them till they are blackened.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place a skillet on fire and heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and sauté till they turn tender.
- Combine together garlic and mayonnaise in a separate bowl.
- Slice the Focaccia bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves of Focaccia bread.
- Peel the cooled peppers. Core and slice them.
- Arrange the eggplant, peppers and mushrooms on the bread slice.
- Wrap the sandwich in a plastic wrap.
- Add weight on the sandwich with a cutting board and some canned foods.
- Let the sandwich sit for 2 hours.
- Slice the sandwich and serve.