Mee Rebus Recipe
|Mee Rebus Recipe|
|Rating||9.9 / 10 (9 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1-1/2 lb Fresh yellow egg or chowmein noodles
- 6 Cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 Candlenuts
- 2 tbsp Chili paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Inch turmeric root
- 1 Inch fresh galangal
- 20 Shallots
- 2-4 Small sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 10 Shallots, thinly sliced and fried golden brown
- 4 Pre-fried tofu or soy bean cakes, cut into small cubes
- 2-3 Dried squids, reconstituted in water or fresh squid cleaned, boiled and cut into rings or bite size
- 4 Cups bean sprouts, briefly blanched
- 4-6 Prawn fritters or crackers, fried and broken into small pieces
- 3-4 Hard boiled eggs, cut in wedges
- 2 Potatoes, peeled boiled, sliced
- 3-4 Limau kasturi, cut into halves
- 4 Fresh red Serrano chilies, thinly sliced
How to make Mee Rebus:
- Grind candlenuts, chili paste, turmeric root, shallots, galangal and coriander powder into a fine paste.
- Heat pot on medium flame, add vegetable oil.
- Cook paste until quite toasted.
- Add about 5-1/2 cups beef stock, bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add the mashed potato to the stock, till a gravy-like consistency is reached.
- Add salt , decrease the heat to low, simmer gently 8 to10 minutes, add more mashed sweet potato if gravy is too thin or more beef stock if the gravy is too thick, keep gravy hot on the low-medium heat, for serving.
- Take an another pot, pour about 6 cups water, bring it to a boil, for blanching bean sprouts and warming up noodles.
- Blanch a handful of bean sprouts in the warm water, dish into a soup-plate.
- Now put a serving portion of noodles in the sieve, dunk in the warm water briefly to warm up and top it on the bean sprouts.
- Ladle piping warm gravy over noodles.
- Top with a little of each garnishing.