Melon Salad With sweet Sesame Dressing Recipe
|Melon Salad With sweet Sesame Dressing Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/3 cup Unbleached White Sugar
- 3 tbsp Champagne Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt or Table Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds (equal proportions of white and black) (toasted)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups seedless Watermelon (cut up into cubes)
- 2 cups Cantaloupe (cut up)
- 2 cups Honeydews (cut up)
- 1 cup English Cucumber (sliced)
- 6 Lettuce Leaf
- 1 tsp fresh Cilantro (snipped)
- 1/2 lb Bacon (crisp, cooked, drained and crumbled)
How to make Melon Salad With sweet Sesame Dressing:
- In small saucepan mix sugar, vinegar, salt, and ginger.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- In a medium bowl place the above dressing.
- Slowly add both oils to sugar mixture in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in sesame seeds, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- In large bowl combine melon and cucumber.
- Add 1/2 cup of the dressing. Toss properly to coat.
- Line salad bowls or a platter with lettuce.
- Top with melon mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and bacon.
- Add the remaining dressing.