Mexican Cornbread Recipe
|Mexican Cornbread Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Cream-style Corn
- 1/2 (4 ounce) can Green Chilly Peppers, chopped & drained
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
How to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. One at a time beat in the eggs. Take the cream corn, chilies, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese and blend it.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture to corn- cheese mixture. Stir into a smooth batter. Pour batter into a pan greased with butter.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Take a baking dish and grease with butter.
- Bake for1 hour. To test if it is done insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then its done.