Mexican Pan Dulce Recipe
|Mexican Pan Dulce Recipe|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 Cup milk
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 Pack active dry yeast
- 1/3 Cup white sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 Egg yolks
How to make Mexican Pan Dulce:
- Heat milk in a small saucepan, until it starts bubbling. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and stir till it melts completely.
- Pour into a large bowl to cool.
- Dissolve yeast in the milk mixture.
- Mix in 1/3 cup sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. Whisk.
- Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place, until doubled in volume.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and make round balls.
- With a rolling pin, roll the balls into oval buns.
- Place them on two lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let them rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- While the bread rises, make the topping.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup flour and butter, until a crumb mixture forms.
- Stir in the egg yolks until well blended.
- Crumble the topping over the rolls, in a way that the entire surface is covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sugar topping is lightly browned.
- Mexican Pan Dulce is ready.