Mexican Posole Recipe
|Mexican Posole Recipe|
|Rating||9.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 3-4 Pound pork shoulder
- 3 Small cans of white hominy
- 8-10 Dried red chilies
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Fresh jalapeņos, chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
How to make Mexican Posole:
- Cut pork into small pieces.
- Heat oil in large stock pot.
- Sear pork and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add enough water to cover the pork and simmer.
- Slice open the dried chilies and remove all seeds and veins.
- In a small pot, boil the chilies with just enough water to cover.
- Once tender, put the chilies in blender and add garlic, jalapeņos, oregano and some water.
- Blend until smooth consistency.
- Add the chili paste to the simmering pork.
- Now, add hominy and put water to desired consistency.
- Simmer until pork is tender and juicy and the broth has thickened slightly.
- Mexican Posole is ready.