Mexican Style Shredded Pork Recipe
Photo Credit: https://danyandy.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/mexican-pulled-pork/
|Mexican Style Shredded Pork Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||435 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 pound boneless Pork Loin Roast (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 ounce Green Chili Peppers (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Sauce
- 3-1/4 cups Water (divided)
- 1-1/2 cups long grain White Rice (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Mexican Style Shredded Pork:
- Season the pork roast with salt and then place it in a slow cooker.
- Top the roast with peppers and garlic.
- Over this, pour the chipotle sauce and half a cup of water.
- Cook for seven hours on low heat.
- In a pot boil the rice in remaining water.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 20 minutes in low heat.
- Now remove the roast and shred it using two forks.
- Put the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and keep it for 15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.