Microwave Coconut Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://yashodhaskitchen.blogspot.in/2012/10/coconut-rice-thengai-sadham.html
|Microwave Coconut Rice Recipe|
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 Cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 Cups grated coconut
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red chillies broken into bits
- 2 tsp Each of split black gram and split bengal gram
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 4 Green chillies, chopped
- A few curry leaves
- 4 tbsp Butter
- A handful fried cashewnuts to garnish.
- Salt to taste
How to make Microwave Coconut Rice:
- Place melted butter in a big deep microwave-safe bowl.
- Add mustard seeds, grams, red chilli bits and asafoetida to it.
- Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the mustard seeds splutter and the grams turn light brown.
- Combine the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and the grated coconut with it and mix well.
- Microwave uncovered over 80 percent power for about 2 minutes, stirring at regular intervals until the coconut is light brown.
- Add the cooked rice and salt to the coconut mixture.
- Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the rice is flavoured with the coconut mixture.
- Garnish the coconut rice with fried cashewnuts.