Milk Gravy Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.eeecooks.com/recipes/2003/05/26/gravy
|Milk Gravy Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper or White Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Margarine or Butter
- ½ cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Green Chilies, diced
- Cardamom, powdered
How to make Milk Gravy:
- In a small saucepan, heat milk along with butter, salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer over a medium flame for a while.
- Once the milk begins to boil, add slowly cornstarch to the mixture.
- Continuously mix and stir while adding cornstarch, so that it does not become lumpy.
- If the mixture turns out to be lumpy, turn off the flame and continue stirring until cornstarch dissolves completely.
- As the milk thickens, add cardamom powder and continue stirring.
- Let the mixture simmer for around 1 minute.
- Over the milk gravy, sprinkle green chilies for a tinge of spice.
- You can serve this with potato pancakes or biscuits.
- You can also make custom flavors by adding your own variations.