Mint & Tomato Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://way2foodie.com/tag/mint-tomato-chutney-making
|Mint & Tomato Chutney Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 5 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 Small bunch of mint leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
How to make Mint & Tomato Chutney:
- Chop Tomatoes finely.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai and add mustard seeds. When they sputter, add cumin and urad dal. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Fry until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, asafetida, red chili powder and salt.
- Fry for sometime and let the spices blend well with the tomatoes.
- Now, add the mint leaves and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat completely.
- Let the contents cool.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Mint & Tomato Chutney is ready.