Mint Rice Recipe
|Mint Rice Recipe|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1 Cup basmati rice
- 2 Onions
- 5 Green chillies
- 1 Bunch medium in size mint leaves
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp Fresh grated coconut
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts , broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Bengal gram
- 1 tsp Black gram
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A few Curry leaves
How to make Mint Rice:
- Cook rice until each grain is separate but soft to touch.
- Let it to cool, set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the pan and sauté green chillies and mint leaves until mint leaves shrink.
- Grind this along with tamarind, coconut and salt.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the cashewnuts till golden and set aside.
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients with it.
- Add finely cut onions to it and saute until it become translucent.
- Combine the ground masala paste with it and fry for a few more minutes until good aroma comes.
- Reduce the heat and add the cooked rice.
- Mix it carefully, without breaking the grains of rice until it becomes hot.
- Add the fried cashews to it and serve.