Moira Plantain Croquettes Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0CAQQjxwwAGoVChMI56XymcrrxgIVyySUCh1NlQv7&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cuisinelinks.com%2FDishDetails_Moira-Plantain-Croquettes_102033&ei=deStVaeXCcvJ0ATNqq7YDw&psig=AFQjCNGURSjG0FrJ9zFngPgtaasacZhV1A&ust=1437545973367703
|Moira Plantain Croquettes Recipe|
- 2 liters Milk
- 2 tsp Raisins
- 6 big sized Moira Bananas (not ripe)
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut (scraped)
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nuts (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
How to make Moira Plantain Croquettes:
- Cut the bananas (without peeling off) in 3 or 4 pieces and steam them till they are tender.
- Cool them and remove the skin. Lay the banana pieces in a flat dish. Add a little butter and mash the bananas.
- Shape 15 small balls with the banana mash. Keep aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar and scraped coconut in a heating pot. Add in cashew nuts and place the mixture over medium flame. Keep stirring continuously.
- Also stir in cardamom powder, raisins and stir fry till the mixture dries completely.
- Take the pot off stove and let the mixture cool down.
- Take each banana ball and flatten it on your palm. Then, put one tsp of coconut mixture in the centre. Roll the ball again by folding over the mixture. Slightly flatten the ball with your palms.
- Keep the banana balls in a flat dish and let them cool for 7-8 hours.
- Now, boil milk with the remaining sugar, reducing it to half of its original quantity. Pour the milk in a deep flat bowl.
- Put the balls in the milk and serve.