Mongolian Fudge Recipe
|Mongolian Fudge Recipe|
||9.8 / 10 (11 votes)|
- 3 cups Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 125 g Butter
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
How to make Mongolian Fudge:
- Pour milk and sugar in a saucepan and place it on flame.
- Stir the mixture constantly, to dissolve the sugar.
- Add condensed milk, butter, salt and golden syrup. Stir well, until the butter has melted.
- Boil the contents till a soft ball stage is achieved, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Test the mixture by dropping a small amount into a cup of cold water. If it forms a slight ball, the mixture is prepared.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat the mixture until thick and smooth.
- Butter a tin.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the tin.
- Mark the mixture into squares with a knife.
- Refrigerate the mixture and cut into pieces when chilled.