Mongolian Tofu Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thejeyofcooking.com/mongolian-tofu/
|Mongolian Tofu Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 1 packet (12 oz) firm Tofu, drained
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 4 small Green Onions, cut diagonally into ½-inch slices
- 1 large head Bok Choy
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
How to make Mongolian Tofu:
- Cut tofu into ¾ inch squares and place them in a dish
- Mix 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of sesame oil over tofu.
- Prepare the vegetables now by cutting the stems from bok choy leaves. Cut the stems into ½ inch pieces and cut the leaves in a similar way.
- Blend the mixture of 2 tbsp of soy sauce into Corn starch in small bowl until its smooth.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add peanut oil to it. Add bell pepper and Bok Choy stems and garlic to it. Cook it for 5 minutes and add green onions and Bok Choy leaves to the mixture.
- Stir fry it for 2 more minutes. Now add the Tofu that was seasoned in the beginning into the soy sauce mixture. Stir fry for 40 seconds.
- Add sesame seed before serving.