Moong Dal Tadka Recipe
Photo Credit: http://divya-dilse.blogspot.in/2012/01/yellow-moong-dal-tadka.html
|Moong Dal Tadka Recipe|
||120 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cloves (Laung / Lavang)
- 4 Black Peppercorns (Kalimirch) (whole)
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder (dried) (Amchur)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 2 Cardamoms Black (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split Yellow Gram)
- 1 Onion big (finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Leaves (dried) (Kasuri Methi)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Salt to taste
How to make Moong Dal Tadka:
- Soak the dals for at least 2 hours.
- Pressure cook the dal with pepper corns, cloves, black cardamom, grated ginger, salt to taste till the dal is cooked.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Put cumin seeds and onion till it slightly brown.
- Add chopped green chilies and chopped tomatoes.
- Once the ingredients starts leaving oil put coriander powder mango powder, chili powder and fry for a min.
Serve with hot rice.