Moong Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2010/12/16/moong-dal-halwa/
|Moong Halwa Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 cup (236 ml) Nuts mixed (finely chopped)
- 6 pods Green Cardamom Split
- 1 cup Split (Yellow) Moong dhal
- 1/2 cup (236 ml) Ghee
- 2 cups (472ml) Water
- 1 cup (236 ml) Khoya
- 3/4 cups Sugar (as your sweet tooth demands)
How to make Moong Halwa :
- Soak Moong dal overnight.
- Next morning, grind to a smooth paste without adding water.
- Make sugar syrup of 1/3 consistency.
- Add the split cardamom pods to the syrup.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan on a medium flame.
- Put the moong dal paste to this ghee and stir to mix.
- Cook the moong dal till it begins to turn golden and release its aroma.
- Add the khoya and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix to blend.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Put dried fruits and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn of the flame and garnish with roasted nuts and serve.