Moong Ki Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2008/11/17/moong-dal-with-spinach/
|Moong Ki Dal Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1 cup Split Green Gram Skinless (Dhuli Moong Dal)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 inch piece Ginger (peeled and crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp grated Jaggery (Gur)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
How to make Moong Ki Dal:
- Soak dal for half an hour, drain the water and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal with salt, turmeric powder and water and bring it to boil. Simmer in low heat till the dal is nearly done.
- Add crushed ginger, hot milk and jaggery and stir to mix well and cook for another 10 minutes. Check the seasoning.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and cloves.
- When it splutters, add the dal and stir.
- Serve hot.