Moroccan Carrot Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/nov/15/moroccan-carrot-soup-recipe
|Moroccan Carrot Soup Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 pound large Carrots (peeled & cut)
- 2 1/2 cups Low-Salt Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt (stirred to loosen)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup White Onion (chopped)
How to make Moroccan Carrot Soup:
- Take a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Toss onion and pan fry for 2 minutes. Add carrots broth and boil it for few minutes. Reduce heat; simmer (covered) for about 20 minutes.
- In a small skillet toss in cumin seeds; heat it over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes; allow it to cool; grind the stuff in spice mill.
- Remove the soup from heat; allow it to cool. Make a paste using a blender. Spoon the mixture to the same pan. Add honey, allspice and lemon juice. Garnish it with pepper and salt.
- Scoop the content into bowls. Garnish it with cumin (prepared) and yogurt.