Moroccan Chicken Recipe
|Moroccan Chicken Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Thighs (skinned)
- ½ medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added Tomatoes (stewed)
- ½ cup Prune Juice/ Orange Juice
- 6 dried Plums/ Prunes (pitted and diced)
- ¼ tsp Allspice (ground)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1 cup plain Tabbouleh Dry Mix
- 1 1/3 cups Boiling Water
- ½ cup Parsley (chopped)
How to make Moroccan Chicken:
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat olive oil.
- Add chick thighs and brown them on one side.
- Turn the chicken to the other side and add onion. Cook till the onion and chicken turn brown.
- Remove the excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, prune juice, diced plums, allspice, kosher salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken and chicken to cook well. Turn the chicken and stir the sauce occasionally.
- Mix boiling water with tabbouleh dry mix. Cover it and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley to the mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tabbouleh mix on a serving plate.
- Spoon out chicken and sauce on the mix.
- Serve hot.