Moroccan Ksra Recipe
|Moroccan Ksra Recipe|
||120 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 7/8 cup Water
- 2¼ cups Bread Flour
- ¾ cup Semolina Flour
- 1 tsp Anise Seed
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White Sugar
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (optional)
How to make Moroccan Ksra:
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together bread flour, semolina flour, anise seed, salt, white sugar and yeast.
- Pour water and knead well to form dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 halves.
- Shape each half into a ball.
- Flatten each ball on a flat surface, to ¾ inch thickness.
- Grease a baking sheet lightly.
- Place the pressed dough halves on the baking sheet.
- Cover them with a towel and set aside for about 30 minutes, till they rise double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush the top of each loaf with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the loaves with sesame seeds and prick the tops several times, using a fork.
- Bake the loaves for about 20 to 25 minutes, till they turn golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm or cool.