Moroccan Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Moroccan Mashed Potatoes Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||16 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 10 large Baking Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (or as needed)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1 tbsp Salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- Water (as required)
How to make Moroccan Mashed Potatoes:
- Keep a large pot on fire and place potatoes in it.
- Pour enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Boil them over medium-high heat and cook for about 20 minutes, till they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onion and stir fry, till it turns translucent and lightly brown, for about 6 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and mash well.
- Add the cooked onion and continue mashing.
- Add turmeric, salt, black pepper and cumin.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well to make the potatoes creamy.