Moroccan Pound Cake Recipe
|Moroccan Pound Cake Recipe|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||105 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
|Calories Per Serving||519|
- 2/3 cup Margarine
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Raisins
- ¾ cup Nuts (chopped, unsalted, mixed)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
How to make Moroccan Pound Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Line a 10-inch tube pan with waxed paper.
- Mix margarine and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat the mixture after each egg addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture alternating with milk to the egg mixture. Beat well until smooth.
- Add vanilla, raisins and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into the pan.
- Add cocoa and cinnamon to the remaining ¼ batter. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Run a knife through the batter to give it a marble effect.
- Bake the batter for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove and let the cake stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Thereafter, turn out onto a wire rack and peel off the waxed paper.
- Cool the cake and sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake.