Moroccan Rice Pilaf with Saffron Recipe
|Moroccan Rice Pilaf with Saffron Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups long-grain Rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Red/ Yellow Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 4½ cups Chicken (or vegetable stock)
- ¼ tsp Saffron Thread (crushed)
How to make Moroccan Rice Pilaf with Saffron:
- Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan and heat till almost boiling point.
- Take a large skillet and heat butter and olive oil in it.
- Add onion, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ginger, white pepper, cumin, turmeric and cilantro.
- Add rice, peas, red bell pepper and carrot. Mix well.
- Season with salt.
- Cook the rice and vegetables over medium heat for about 10 minutes or till the onions turn translucent and the rice begins to take the color of the mixture. Make sure to stir the mixture frequently.
- Add the chicken stock and saffron thread. Stir once.
- Bring the preparation to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the mixture and leave it undisturbed for about 25 minutes or until the liquid is fully absorbed and rice turns tender.
- Serve hot.