Moroccan Tagine Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27159/moroccan+chicken+chickpea+tagine
|Moroccan Tagine Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||120 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions (peeled and sliced into rings)
- 2 pounds Lamb Meat (cut into 1½ inch cubes)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (ground)
- 1 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 4 Pears (peeled, cored and cut into 1½ inch chunks)
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- ½ cup Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- Water (as required)
How to make Moroccan Tagine:
- Place a large pot on medium heat and heat olive oil.
- Add onion rings and fry till they turn soft.
- Add lamb meat. Stir fry till it gets brown on the outside.
- Add cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Pour enough water to cover the meat.
- Cover the pot and simmer over low heat for about 1½ to 2 hours, till the meat turns tender.
- Add the pear chunks, golden raisins and almonds.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until the pears turn soft.
- Serve hot.
You can serve Moroccan Tagine with rice.