Murgh Musallam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://swagatjapan.com/bb/?tag=murgh-musallam
|Murgh Musallam Recipe|
||8.0 / 10 (27 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 kg Chicken
- 4 Medium-Sized Onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Raw Papaya Paste
- 20 gms Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 20 gms Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Almond Slivers
- 2 Silver Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 4 Garlic Flakes
- 2 Ginger Pods
- 250 gms Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Curd
- 8 Cloves
- 5 gms Cinnamon
- 5 gms Black Pepper
- 8 gms Green Cardamom
- 5 gms Poppy Seeds
- 50 gms Coconut (desiccated)
- 20 gms Chironji
How to make Murgh Musallam:
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and prick it all over with a fork.
- Marinate it with papaya paste and salt. Keep it aside for at least 2 hrs.
- Heat ghee in a pan and put the sliced onion pieces in it.
- Fry the onions till it turns golden brown. Put off the flame and keep it aside.
- Now grind half the onions to a paste and keep aside.
- Grind garlic and ginger to make a paste.
- Dry roast the masala ingredients on a griddle and grind them to a paste.
- Now roast cumin seeds and coriander seeds on a griddle and grind them as above.
- Now take curd in a bowl and add all the grinded and roasted masala in it. Blend well.
- Add the chicken to the above and marinate for about 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fried onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger garlic paste to it. Fry till they turn brown.
- Now add the chicken along with the marinade to the above. Allow it to boil till the ghee appears on the sides and chicken pieces turn tender.
- Empty the contents into a dish. Garnish it with silver leaf and almond slivers.
- Murg Musallam is ready to eat. Serve it hot.