|Rating||9.8 / 10 (6 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 10 oz All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 2-3 Fresh green Serrano
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Egg for each dough sheet
- 1/2 Cup water
- Salt to taste
For Meat Filling:
- 1 lb Ground lamb or beef
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2-1/2 tbsp Meat curry powder
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
How to make Murtabak:
- To Prepare Meat Filling:
- Take a wok or saucepan and heat ghee.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, and meat curry powder,
- Stir-fry for about 1 to2 minutes, add ground meat.
- Stir with spatula and break up meat so that there will be no clumps, cook until well browned.
- Add cilantro and mint, stir to mix well with meat, promptly remove from the flame.
- Let it cool fully.
To Prepare Murtabak:
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Mix ghee, add water gradually and knead till the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hrs to soften.
- Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
- First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
- Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
- Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out into a paper-thin rectangular sheet.
- Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
- Break one egg in the middle of the rectangular sheet and carefully spread the egg over the middle portion of it.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions and finely sliced green Serrano.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp curried meat filling evenly and fold in the four into a fine square.
- Quickly lift the murtabak, using both hands, onto a preheated griddle.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutess until golden brown.
- Lift Murtabak up, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side until brown.
- Cut it into 2 or 4 pieces.
- Serve hot or cold.