Mushroom Pie Recipe
|Mushroom Pie Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 basic Pie Dough Recipe, rolled out
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large Garlic Clove, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- A dash of ground Cardamom or Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
How to make Mushroom Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line the inside of a pie shell with heavy aluminum foil, pressing it against the side. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the foil; poke the bottom of the pie crust with the tines of a fork, to create air vents.
- Return crust to oven, bake for an additional 4 minutes, or until the crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add mushrooms and stir to coat with the butter.
- Stir constantly, until the moisture released by mushrooms evaporates.
- Lower heat to medium, add minced garlic, stir with the mushrooms for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- Beat together the eggs, sour cream, milk, and cream. Add freshly ground pepper, a pinch of salt, and cardamom or nutmeg, if using.
- Stir in the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Spread the sautéed mushrooms along the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust.
- Pour the cheese and cream mixture over the top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes, before serving.