Mushroom Quiche Recipe
|Mushroom Quiche Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 450 gm Assorted Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 medium Shallots (thinly sliced)
- Aluminum Pie Weights as required
- 1/2 Recipe Pie Dough
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
- A pinch Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese
How to make Mushroom Quiche:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Fit into a 10-by-1-1/2-inch round tart pan, pressing dough into corners.
- Transfer to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil, pressing into the corners and edges.
- Fill at least two-thirds with aluminum pie weights.
- Bake first for 15 minutes, remove from oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Jerk the bottom of the pan with the tongs of a fork.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool while making filling.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add shallots and cook until it is tender and translucent but not brown, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir frequently, until mushrooms releases its liquid by evaporation till it turns to dark golden brown.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet to catch any spread. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of the crust. Add mushrooms over the cheese and then top with remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, and eggs. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. And then pour it over cheese.
- Transfer this to oven, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before slicing.