Photo Credit: http://indiancookingscollection.blogspot.in/2012_08_01_archive.html
||Non Veg. |
- 750 gm Lean minced lamb
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger (grated finely)
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 Fresh green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Khoya or dried milk (if using khoya, it should be finely mashed)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
How to make Mutsch:
- Put the lamb into a bowl with ginger, chopped chilies, chili powder, coriander, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp of the yoghurt to moisten and mix well the spices.
- If the lamb is very lean, little amount of ghee can also be added.
- When done, take a portion of the prepared meat mixture in hand.
- Make a little long oval shaped roll with the help of gentle squeeze and toss movements of hand.
- Repeat the procedure with rest of the lamb mixture.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add dried milk, sugar, remaining yoghurt, garam masala & salt.
- Fry the mixture and then add half cup of hot water.
- Bring to boil and then add prepared rolls.
- Cover the pan and simmer until no liquid remains.
- When done, turn the rolls over, add half cup of hot water and pepper.
- Reduce the flame and cover the pan. Simmer again until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the dish with cardamom.
- Serve hot with Indian bread and rice.