Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bombaytogoa.net/product/mutton-dum-biryani/
|Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe|
||90 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 200 grams Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tbsp Fried Onions (for garnishing)
- ½ tbsp Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 200 grams Butter or Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Few saffron strands
- 1 kg (35 oz.) Mutton (cut into pieces),
- 1/3 kg Basmati Rice (pre-soaked for at least half an hour),
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Cardamom Pods
- 6 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
How to make Mutton Dum Biryani:
- Marinate the mutton pieces with coriander powder, garlic paste, plain yogurt, red chili powder, ginger paste, cumin powder and turmeric powder about 1 hour.
- Add the sliced onion, salt in the marinate ingredients.
- Put clarified butter, cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, cardamoms in boiling water and boil the rice until it is half cooked.
- Put the rice to the mutton.
- Pour a little clarified butter, saffron water on rice.
- Cook the rice on dum for about 30-45 minutes or until done.
- Garnish it with fried onions.