Mysore Dosa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://enjoyindianfood.blogspot.in/2012/06/origami-dosa-mysore-masala-dosa.html
|Mysore Dosa Recipe|
||250 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- Oil (for roasting)
- 1 tbsp Methi (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 2 tbsp Toor Dal (Red Gram Split)
- 1½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Urad Dal (Black Gram Split)
- Salt to taste
How to make Mysore Dosa:
- Wash the rice and urad dal.
- Soak methi seeds, rice, urad, toor dal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Take out excess water and grind to a batter consistency.
- Make a batter by grinding methi seeds rice, urad, toor dal and let it stand for 3 hours.
- Add salt and mix well.
- If the batter is very thick then pour a few cups of water, but ensure that the consistency is not watery.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a griddle (flat tava).
- Take spoonful of the batter and spread it quickly on the griddle in concentric motions using the bottom part of the spoon as shown in figure below.
- Spread a spoonful of garlic chutney on the Dosa.
- Keep a big spoon of alugadde palya (curry) in the middle of the dosa.
- Fold the dosa over it.
Serve hot with chutney and sambar.