Navaratri Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/navratri-salad-oetlSXbdfieji.html
|Navaratri Salad Recipe|
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (shelled, boiled)
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts (boiled, peeled, halved)
- 1/2 cup Cucumber (peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Pineapple (peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Paneer (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Paneer (grated)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Green Chili (chopped)
- 1/2" piece Ginger (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Watermelon Seeds (peeled)
- 10-12 Puffed Lotus Seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
How to make Navaratri Salad:
- Steam the pineapple pieces for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside to cool.
- Pour a little lemon juice over apple pieces and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the lotus seeds until aroma exudes. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and put oil, remaining lemon juice, salt, sugar, 1 tbsp of water, ginger, chili, half coriander, pepper powder and mix them well.
- In a large bowl, mix drained pineapple, apple, paneer pieces, cucumber, water chestnuts, and peanuts. Chill in refrigerator.
- Just 10 minutes before serving, add lotus seeds and watermelon seeds to the chilled fruits, and mix well.
- Drizzle prepared dressing over the fruits. Toss the salad well to mix the dressing well.
- Garnish the salad with grated paneer and remaining coriander.
- Navratri Salad is ready to eat. Serve chilled.