Photo Credit: http://www.weavethousandflavors.com/2010/03/navarin-dagneau-printanier-lamb-stew-with-spring-vegetables-.html
||20 Minutes |
||70 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 3 to 4 lbs Lamb (shoulder, neck and breast)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3 cups Lamb Stock
- 4 Tomatoes (ripe, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 5 Carrots (peeled)
- 5 Turnips (peeled)
- 12 Spring Onions
- 1 lb Green Peas/Snow Peas
- 2 Garlic Gloves (mashed)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Cooking Oil
How to make Navarin:
- Cut the lamb into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan. Brown a few pieces of lamb over medium heat, at a time. Sauté until brown on both sides.
- Put all the pieces of lamb in the saucepan, add mashed garlic gloves, and cook for a minute, over high heat.
- Remove half of the fat and toss the meat with flour, salt and pepper. Cook for two minutes, over high heat.
- Heat the stock in a separate saucepan. Add to the meat and boil. Stir occasionally.
- Now, add tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme. Boil and continue to simmer over medium to low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and turnips. Again simmer for 30 minutes, over medium to low heat.
- Cook peas in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Add to the lamb five minutes before serving. Remove bay leaf and thyme.
- Serve hot.