Nellur Brinjal Fry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/nellur-brinjal-fry-oetmfmcgdbjee.html
|Nellur Brinjal Fry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||5.3 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1/2 kg Brinjal/ Eggplant (round shaped, cut into 4 pieces vertically)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Garlic
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Leaves
- 1 cup dry Coconut
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Nellur Brinjal Fry:
- First grind the masala with garlic, coconut, onions, and 1 tsp of curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil in a Kadai or a wok, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When they start spluttering, add brinjal, and turmeric powder.
- Fry till they are half cooked and keep aside.
- Add the masala to the left oil and fry them for 10 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, salt and brinjal to the masala and stir it.
- After the oil starts separating from the curry remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.
Serve it with plain rice or roti.