Photo Credit: http://www.spicykitchen.net/recipe/neyyappam/
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 1-3/4 Cups rice flour
- 1/4 Cup plain flour
- 4 tbsp Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh coconut
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Water as required
- Ghee for frying
How to make Neyyappam:
- Take a pan over low heat and melt jaggery in 1/2 cup water.
- Strain it and set aside.
- Heat ghee in another pan and fry chopped coconut till it is golden brown, set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine rice flour, plain flour and mashed bananas.
- Add jaggery, fried coconut, sesame seeds,salt and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Add water to make a thick consistency mixture.
- Set aside for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Take a wok and heat oil in it.
- Pour the mixture in small quantities into the wok and deep fry until they are dark brown
- Remove Neyyapam from the wok and serve.