Indian Recipes : Nihari Recipe
Nihari is a popular Hyderabadi recipe. It is a type of stew that was originated in Delhi. Learn how to make/prepare Nihari by following this easy recipe.
• 1/2 kg Beef
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Coriander powder
• 1 tsp Ginger paste
• 1 tsp Pepper
• 1tsp Chili powder
• 4 tbsp Oil
• 3 tbsp Flour
• Salt to taste Spice mix:
• 2 tsp Fennel seeds
• 2 Small cardamom pods, seeds
• 2 Whole black cardamom pods
• 2 tsp Coriander seeds
• 1/2 tsp Whole black peppercorns
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• 10 Cloves
• 1 Cinnamon stick
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
• Onion slices, coriander, ginger and green chilies for garnishing How to make Nihari:
• Take a heavy based pot and heat oil.
• Fry the meat a little.
• Mix salt, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, pepper and ginger paste.
• Pour a little water.
• Mix flour in half cup of water.
• Add this mixture to the meat and boil it.
• Grind all the spice mix until powdery fine.
• Add this to the meat.
• Add 3-4 cups of water cover and leave it to tenderize over very low heat.
• It will take about 5 - 6 hours for chicken and more if using beef.
• Fry some onion slices in oil until golden brown.
• Garnish the Nihari with it.
• Fresh coriander, ginger and green chilies can also be used for garnishing.
i also make nehari but this is very diffrent and I will try to make
Submitted by: naeem
posted : 25-Sep-2013 06:12 AM
Submitted by: recipetasty
posted : 19-Sep-2012 02:34 PM
aalaaaa recipe!, wonderful taste!
Submitted by: attia
posted : 31-Oct-2010 05:27 AM
Recipe of the Month
Paneer Pakora is a very common recipe for rainy season. Learn how to...