Nimbu Adrak ka Achaar Recipe
|Nimbu Adrak ka Achaar Recipe|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
- 16 Lemons
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 12 Whole Red Chilies (coarsely ground)
- 1-cm (2") piece Ginger
- ½ cup Salt
- 1 tsp Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 8 Green Chilies (chopped)
How to make Nimbu Adrak ka Achaar:
- Cut each of the 8 lemons in equal halves and squeeze out the juice. Keep it aside.
- Cut the remaining 8 lemons in 4 slits each and keep all the lemons and lemon skins in a glass jar (sterilized).
- Peel and cut the ginger into thick strips.
- Take a bowl and mix ajwain, green chilies, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the above mixture on the lemons in the jar and make sure that the lemons are covered with the juice.
- Cover the jar and keep it in sun for 8 to 10 days, so that the lemons ripen and become soft.
- Make sure to toss the jar occasionally, so that the pickle mixes well with the mixture.