Nimmakaya Charu Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2009/09/26/nimmakaya-charu-lemon-soup/
|Nimmakaya Charu Recipe|
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 6 to 7 Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chilies (splitted)
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 tsp Cilantro (chopped)
- ½ Lemon
How to make Nimmakaya Charu:
- Wash the toor dal well and pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Remove from heat and mash it well.
- Add turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Pace a skillet on medium fire and heat ghee in it.
- Add jeera, mustard and urad dal. Fry well.
- Add green chilies, red chilies and curry leaves. Stir fry.
- When they start spluttering, remove from heat and add to the mashed dal.
- Cook the dal for 5 minutes while adding water, as required, to form a liquid consistency.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon in it.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Pour into small glasses and serve hot.