Orange and Oat Scones Recipe
|Orange and Oat Scones Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (cut into tiny pieces)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ¼ cup Coarse Demerara Sugar (for sprinkling)
- 2/3 cup Dried Currants
- 1 Orange (zest)
How to make Orange and Oat Scones:
- To get baking sheet ready, line it with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix baking powder, baking soda, and turbinado sugar in a bowl.
- Blend the butter into the flour.
- Stir the flour mixture with zest of the orange and oats.
- Add currants and buttermilk till the mixture is just moist.
- If the dough is disintegrating, add more buttermilk, little by little.
- Mould and cut into shape of desired size.
- Place pieces in baking sheet prepared earlier.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar over the cake.
- Place in oven and bake until the bottom layer of the scones is deep golden in color or for 12 to 15 minutes.