Orange Date Nut Cake Recipe
|Orange Date Nut Cake Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 3-1/3 Cups self-rising flour
- 2 Cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon extract
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Cup milk
How to make Orange Date Nut Cake:
- Take a large bowl; cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the beat eggs one at a time and add flour and milk; blend it well.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon flavorings and fold in nuts and dates.
- Now, pour batter into a tube pan and bake it at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Displace from the oven and add immediately orange syrup over the cake.
- Allow it to cool in pan for thirty minutes, then remove it from the pan.
- Let stand upside-down overnight and serve.
- To make the orange syrup: In a medium bowl, mix orange juice and confectioners sugar until smooth.