Orange Glazed Turkey Recipe
|Orange Glazed Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 18 to 20 Pounds turkey
- 3/4 Cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 Cup orange juice
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Dried savory
- 2 tsp Rubbed sage
- 1 Large onion, quartered
- 1 Celery rib, quartered
- 2 Medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tsp Salt
How to make Orange Glazed Turkey:
- Take a small bowl and combine salt, pepper, savoury and sage in it.
- Massage 1 tbsp of seasoning mixture in turkey cavity.
- Place the pears, onion and celery in turkey cavity and bind the drumsticks together.
- Put the breast side up on a rack in the roasting pan.
- Combine butter and rest of the seasoning mixture, mix well and brush over turkey.
- Bake it uncovered, at 325 degrees F for about 3-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix orange marmalade, orange juice and honey in the saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Decrease the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes till thickened, stirring occasionally, keep aside.
- When the turkey begins to brown, cover it lightly with a tent of foil.
- Bake it for 1 hour longer till meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F, brushing occasionally with the orange glaze.
- Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes before carving.