Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/oven-fried-chicken-recipe.html
|Oven Fried Chicken Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 Chicken Drumsticks (skinned)
- 2 Chicken Breast Halves (skinned)
- 2 Chicken Thighs (skinned)
- 1 cup low-fat Buttermilk
- 2 large Egg Whites (beaten)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cornmeal
- Salt (to taste)
- ¾ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp ground Red Pepper
- Canola Oil (for frying)
How to make Oven Fried Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Whisk egg whites with buttermilk and set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a plate.
- Season the chicken pieces evenly with salt. Dip them into the buttermilk mixture.
- Roll them into the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large non-sticky skillet and fry the chicken pieces until lightly brown on each side.
- Remove and place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until tender and crisp.
- Serve hot.