Oyster Gumbo Recipe
|Oyster Gumbo Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup oil
- 3 Cups onions
- 3 Cups Green bell pepper
- 2 Cups celery
- 4 Garlic flakes (minced)
- 1 Gallon fish stock
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 Cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Pound shrimp (peeled)
- 4 Pints Oysters, with their liquor
- 7 Cups grain rice (cooked)
How to make Oyster Gumbo:
- Chop the onions, green pepper and celery.
- Heat the oil.
- Add flour and cook till reddish brown in colour.
- Now mix chopped onions, green pepper, celery and garlic.
- Cook till all the vegetables turn soft.
- Add stock, black pepper, cayenne pepper, bay leaves and chopped parsley.
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Now add shrimp, oysters with the liquor.
- Cook till shrimp turns pink.
- Now ladle the mixture over rice.
- Oyster Gumbo is ready.