Oyster Sandwich Recipe
|Oyster Sandwich Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 24 Ounces oysters, drained
- 1 Loaf French bread
- 1 Large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup cornmeal mix vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/8 tsp Hot sauce
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 tbsp Sweet pickle relish
How to make Oyster Sandwich:
- Cut off one third of the loaf from top.
- Scoop out the bottom portion and reserve the crumbs.
- Apply butter on the inner surfaces of bread.
- Keep the bread on a baking sheet and bake till light brown.
- Heat the vegetable oil. Drop and fry the oysters in hot oil until golden brown. Remove and drain well on paper.
- Mix pickle relish, hot sauce, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Fold in the lettuce. Spread this mixture over hollowed bread.
- Top with oysters, tomato slices, and remaining portion of loaf.
- Chop the loaf into portions for serving.