Palak Shorba Recipe
Photo Credit: http://indfoodrecipes.blogspot.in/2013_07_07_archive.html
|Palak Shorba Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Ginger Root (grated)
- 1 Medium Turnip (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 lb Spinach (frozen/ fresh) (chopped)
How to make Palak Shorba:
- Take a pan and heat ghee in it. Put cumin seeds in it and fry, till they start emitting a fragrance.
- Add turnip, ginger and onion, mix well and sauté for 5 minutes, on medium heat.
- Put turmeric, salt and red chili powder and saute again.
- Now, add vegetable stock to it, cover the pan and let it cook for about 20 minutes, on low heat, so that the turnips become soft.
- Proceed further by adding spinach and cooking the shorba for 5- 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and make a puree of it, using hand blender, in batches.
- Transfer it back to the pot and heat again.
- Serve hot.