Palak Toovar Dal Recipe
|Palak Toovar Dal Recipe|
- 1 cup Toovar Dal (Arhar Dal)
- 2 cups Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chilies (chopped)
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 3 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 3 Dry Red Chilies
- A pinch of Asafetida (hing)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
How to make Palak Toovar Dal:
- Soak the toovar dal in water for about an hour and then drain the water.
- Now, put the dal in the pressure cooker and add fresh water, spinach, coriander leaves, ginger, green chillies, tomato pieces, turmeric powder and salt into it.
- Pressure cook this entire mixture, until the dal is fully done (5-8 minutes).
- Now, mash the dal properly and keep it aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds into it. When the cumin starts sputtering add cloves, bay leaves, red chilies and a pinch of hing.
- Sauté for a while and then add the already prepared dal. Allow it to boil for a few minutes.
- Serve the yummy dal with hot rotis or steamed rice.